Crosswalk has a great article on this. There is even a quiz that you can use to score your skills in this area:
By answering the following questions, you can quickly assess how you are doing in the marital satisfaction department. Ask yourself if you agree or disagree with the following statements:
1. The environment of my home is warm and peaceful on most days.
2. I drop other things (even with my kids) to make time for my husband if he needs anything.
3. I never say unkind things about my husband to others.
4. If there’s a decision to be made, my husband has the final say.
5. I enjoy having sex and look forward to making love to my husband.
6. My husband and I talk regularly about ways to improve our sex life.
7. I make an effort to look attractive with my clothes, hair and makeup even on days when I only see my husband.
8. I am a healthy body weight and exercise at least 3 times a week.
9. My husband and I go on a date at least once a month.
10. We still enjoy romance, kissing once a day for at least 5 seconds.
How did you do? Count the statements that you agreed with. If you agreed with 1-4 statements, your relationship is probably on shaky ground. There are some critical areas of unmet needs that you must identify both for yourself and your husband.